Monday, February 1, 2010

Personal Quilt

Quilt
Past
Outside



Inside



Future



A lot of the ideas for my quilt squares came in the middle of the night or while I was out doing things. I was happy with my ideas, but I wasn’t able to put them together on Photoshop the way I imagined. My favorite square is the future square, and my least favorite square is the inside square.

My squares are tied together from a few different things. I framed all the pictures with my fingers. I also overlaid a gradient over every picture. I used birds and lots of clouds. I feel like these pictures do express me and interpret to a point. I wasn’t surprised to hear about what people have thought of me, I’ve heard many of the things I was told plenty of time.

The symbol I used the most was birds. These birds to me symbolize freedom. Another I used were puzzle pieces as a way to say no matter how I feel, I’m incomplete. I think a lot of my symbols are pretty clear.

I tried my hardest to be true about every square. I tried to express my feelings in a way that most would understand. It was hard to express everything I wanted my picture to say, but I think my ideas were expressed fairly well.

I like the simplicity of all my squares. There’s not too much going on in them and the message is really clear. I really like the puzzle pieces.

I learned to use the stamp tool to create my puzzle pieces. I think I got better at using the blending option. I also liked finding and using new paintbrushes.

This process was pretty frustrating at times because you cant do everything you want to do. Next time I would think the process through a lot more. I would brainstorm and be more prepared for the project.

No comments: